Saturday, September 04, 2004

Can't File for Leave

I'm really not sure who I should talk to but I hate the fact I can't file for leave to have the weekend off. Working at a call center, we don't follow the time and days of normal people. Because our clients are usually located half-the-world away, we work on their terms and their times. Not to mention our company offers 24-hour service coverage. For example, I have work from 4pm to 1am, with Wednesdays and Thursdays off. Obviously, I have to go to work on Saturdays and Sundays.
This is a pain in the ass, especially since the only time I can be with my friends is on Saturday and Sunday. I tried to file for leave but unfortunately, there is only one allocation and a co-worker has already filed for leave until October 22! Damn it!
If there were any other job that could assure me of more or less the same pay and have weekends off, I'd quit this job without a second thought.
You'd think that after having stayed her for more than 2 years, I would have had some perks that allowed me more freedom than the regular agents. But you know what, that just ain't going to happen! Why? Because the better you are at your work, the more demands they can make from you.
They'll assign you where you're needed the most, which limits your options in what job you perform and what schedule you can have. They'll change your schedule at a whim, informing you LESS than 24 hours later because they need people to help out with the queue. They'll throw money in your face and use it as a band aid, hoping it will take away the pain and aggravation for continually making sacrifices.
And all you can do is nod and take it up the ass like a good little boy. Because you need the job and there's nothing better out there. They're all the same, you know. They'll use you and abuse you because labor here is cheaper than it is in their homeland.
And do you know what happens to the people who are responsible for your schedule, the same people who plot out how many can file for leave, the very people who decide to change your schedule at a whim? Nothing. They don't get progressive counseling when they make an error in plotting out schedules. Oh, no. The worst they can be told is to re-plot the schedules again...which they are paid to do!
No wonder people quit here in droves. No wonder they change schedules too often. They can't make people stay long enough and end up punishing those who choose to remain.
I should just quit. That would solve all our problems. I wouldn't have to file for leave and they wouldn't have to plot my schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home