Friday, March 25, 2005

On Our Way to San Fernando



Here's a picutre of my mom, my brother and our neighbor PJ eating breakfast at Chowking. We are on our way to San Fernando, Pampanga for Good Friday. It was a little hard to find something to eat that did not have meat. So we ended up breakfasting on garlic rice and fried bangus.

I was going to take picutres of the met who walk the streets whipping their backs to a bloody mess. But I think it would have been morbid to do so. I remember my lola telling me that it was just ketchup when I was little and my cousins joking about spraying alcohol at their backs when I knew it was real.

I don't really believe in this method of penance. I think that if you do something wrong, you should make up for it with actions that benefit those who have suffered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home