Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Due for a Nervous Breakdown

I was on my home the other day when I realized how unstable I've become. I think I'm due for an explosion. Figuratively, speaking of course. It's just that I've felt like a ticking time-bomb waiting to happen. That morning, I shouted at a bus driver when he didn't stop at the corner and brought me across the street some distance away. Okay, maybe I didn't shout at him. I may have raised my voice and made a snide comment without looking. But that's not like me.

I've been worried about how angry I can become lately. I don't show any visible signs, certainly not outbursts like the one I mentioned above. But I find it disconcerting that I feel so easily triggered now by people's stupidity. I can imagine myself beating the shit out of people for the slightest provocation and feeling good about it. I'm trying to remember if this has happened before. It has, I'm sure of it. I can remember the feeling leading up to the explosion but not what happened in the explosion itself.

Maybe I shouldn't be carrying that bottle of mace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home