Saturday, September 04, 2004

Why I got into this mess...

The reason I signed up for a blog here was because I couldn't post a comment at a friend's site unless I became a member. You might be wondering what was so important that I would sign up for an account. Well, it all started last Tuesday.

Tobie, the Storyteller for our RPG group, informed me that the new books from White Wolf were now available in SM Megamall. I decided to go there the next day and pick up a copy. As I was making my way there, I thought that getting Tobie his own copy of the book would be a good way to thank him for all the games his run for us. Not to mention all the books he bought and food he's served in order to play a game.

Of course, the hefty price tag of P3760 for two books made me realize it would be a good idea to ask for help from the gaming group. So James, Sam and Seth agreed to split the bill with me. And so, we were able to get Tobie both books. However, one of the books would need to be picked up at the store at a later time because they didn't have it available on hand. But at least it was paid for.

So, Tobie got his wish and we get to forego buying him birthday gifts and Christmas presents for at least 2 years. I heaed he even got teary-eyed when he found out because he wasn't really expecting us to get it for him for free. Guess we showed him. Hahaha! By now, Sam is handing the book over to Tobie with the receipt for the other book he'll need to get from the store. I would have been there too if I wasn't stuck at work right now. Oh, well.

So, Tobie, even though we can't pay you back for all the games you've run for us, we thought that being a great Storyteller should have it's perks. Enjoy the books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home