Friday, June 03, 2005

Burnt Out...?

I am not at work.

While everyone else is at the office taking calls, answering questions, and freezing because of the air-conditioning, I am at home writing for my blog. I thought it would be a good way to start my leave. I can only afford to take one, mind you. I hoped to take about a week off but the year has yet to end.

Besides, I feel kind of guilty for leaving my agents at work while I'm at home resting. But I'm not doing them a shred of good if I'm irritable and unrested. I've been going to work earlier and staying longer just to be supportive. I'm losing sleep; I end up dozzing off on the way to work and missing my stop.

Today, is my third year working in the company. Three years. Wow! And to think, I said I'd stay only for one. I guess there really isn't anything out there worth getting out of this job. Sure, they're running us ragged now, asking sacrifices and cutting corners. Still, there is a sense of an accomplishment when you meet your goals and make your customers happy.

I feel weird talking as if I've been working for more than three years. This is my first job. I can't really imagine myself doing anything else. Except maybe writing but I am in such a dry spell right now, I couldn't write to save my life. I've tried but I just can't stick to it long enough for it to work. There's just no momentum.

You'll notice it from the articles I've been writing lately. Not exactly Nobel prize material, I know. But somehow, I always thought of my blog as a place to share my thoughts that have been written down into concise and interesting articles. Right now, it's just an update of what's going on in my life...which is, sad to say, boring as heck.

No, not exactly boring. My friends have made my life interesting. I'm just having a hard time transcribing it into words. It's hard to capture that feeling and be able to convey it to your readers. That's how you tell a writer from a successful writer.

Hmmm, this is post is becoming a realization. It's been a long time since I've felt writing something this long. True, it's basically jumping from one topic to another. But at least I've got my momentum going.

I've always preferred to write at night. Soemthign about the darkness and stillness makes it easier for me to hear my thoughts. I find it amazing that I am typing out just what I want to say. It's been a while since I've felt this way. Maybe I should start fixing up my other blog...

1 Comments:

Blogger jactinglim said...

Hi! I found your blog in Giselle's tagboard :)

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home