Thursday, May 12, 2005

I was almost robbed!

Almost but not quite. Maybe it was luck or instinct. But the minute I realized what was happening I acted.

I was on my way home. The bus I was riding on had stopped and a man behind me suddenly got up and asked me to get up because I was stepping on something. He started fooling around with my shoe, trying to lift it off the floor.

Suddenly, I realized what was happening. I felt someone trying to grab my cellphone which was strapped to my belt in a case. I quickly backed up towards the man behind me and shoved my elbow into him.

I pretended it was an accident and said I was sorry. The guy who had been holding my shoe got up and showed me a piece of candy wrapper. He got off the bus along with 3 maybe 4 other guys. As the bus started moving, the people around me began to ask what happened. I nonchalantly told them they were trying to steal my phone.

Moral of the story? Be sure you have a big enough gut to make it hard for them to grab your phone. Hahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home