Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Driving in the City (Redux)

For the first time, I went driving in Makati without my mom or my brother in tow. Well, actually, this is the second time. The first time was when I treated my friends to Friday's in Makati. I didn't tell my mom that Iw as taking the car there. She assumed that I was taking it to Ayala Alabang which I usually do anyway.

This time around, I went to Kamuning in Quezon City. Sam was with me (on both counts). Namely because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't by myself. Good thing too because it was pouring that afternoon. Of course, I could have done without his impression of how he would react if Geoff were sitting beside him. I hadn't realized there were so many billboards along EDSA that had his picture.

On this second sojourn, we went to the Open Meet of AEGIS. I hadn't been one before. It went fine but I was alseep through most of it. I hadn't had much sleep that morning and I ate a late but heavy lunch. I was able to join in a game at the end but we had to cut it short because it was supposed to end by 12am.

On the ride back, with the gang in tow, we dropped off Isha at Starbucks in Metrowalk and proceeded to Tahanan to have the game. My passengers passed the time by inventing words like "chavak" (which means chubby na bakla) and charaight (which means chubby na straight). Damn! I wonder if this is how all those gay lingo came about.

It was a thrill driving along Edsa and South Super Highway. I hope to do it again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Simurgh said...

road trip! yay!!!!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the ride ha!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home