Monday, September 05, 2005

All Over Again

As I came home work, humming the tune "I wish I could go back to college" from the Avenue Q OST, I began to wonder what it would be like to wake up one day and find myself going to college again but remembering what had happened in those 9 years that had passed.

At first I was excited at the prospect of going through it all over again knowing what I know now. I would take advantage of the opportunities I missed and avoid the mistakes I made. I'd go o out with my batchmates and get to know them more, drop Math 17 and 53 before I failed it, write the novel I've always thought of writing...

But then then I began to think about a lot of serious other questions: Should I change my major sooner to Library Science instead of Computer Science since the former was what I finished not the latter I chose? Would I have stopped the murder of a student knowing I might get in the crossfire? Would I have pursued the girl of my dreams instead of letting her go so easily? Would I have used what I know about my friends to find those I have grown close with sooner and never bothered to spend time with those who would have hurt me?

I got tired thinking about it. It just seemed so much work that I'm glad I won't have to worry about it. I just didn't have the strength to live through it all over again..

1 Comments:

Blogger Simurgh said...

ako gusto ko ulitin pero may mga iba din akong babaguhin.. hehehe

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home