Monday, September 27, 2004

Let me tell you a story...

A friend of mine asked me to buy something for a girl he liked at my office. He wanted to give her something special to make her feel better at work. If you've worked at a call center, you'd know that we need all the special soemthings we can get. LOL Anyway, since the girl liked chocolates so much, I decided to get her premium chocolates.

At this time too, I was in love with a girl (not the same girl, mind you). But things weren't doing too well for us. It seemed that no matter what I did, she just didn't seem interested in me. We had become distant over the past couple of days. In fact, I was thinking of giving up and letting go. After all, this wasn't the first time this had happened before. I found myself in this same situation too, several years ago. It was only in the last two years that we started talking again.

Anyway, just before I went to the store, I prayed to God asked for what I should do. I said, "If I find her particular kind of chocolate at the store, I would get it for her and patch things up between us. If not, then I'll take it as a sign that I should just let her be." So I went to Mark's & Spencer's, found the chocolate for my friend. But there was no sign of it. I even gave it one last shot and asked the store clerk if they had some in stock but had yet to put on display. She answered no and that was that.

Frankly, I felt both sad and relived. Sad that things would have to end between us and relieved because I could get on with my life now. It should have ended there, but it didn't.

I went to the store next door and bought her favorite kind of chocolate there. LOL I gave it to her later and things are...normal enough now, I suppose. I'm back where were started. Stupid, huh? I guess because I didn't like the answer to my question, I decided to do something about it. Chances are, I'll fall flat on my face but that's a risk we all take anyway, right?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aldwin, you are funny!... you remind me of myself a couple of years ago (and you know what I'm talking about). Oh well, said Noel. -Rosie

8:45 AM  
Blogger Tobie said...

WHOA.

Seth giving love advice.

The world is ending.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Aldwin Christopher said...

Whoa! My thoughts exactly, Tobie.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Aldwin Christopher said...

Okay, Seth's back to normal! Let's put the Threat Advisory Level back to Blue, please. Thank you for your participation in this emergency situation.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Aldwin Christopher said...

It's only a matter of time until Tobie brings you up. Anyway, feel free to post even if you're not the current topic of discussion. :)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home