Thursday, September 16, 2004

I should be asleep...

...but I'm not. For two reasons:

Firstly, at around 3:10am today, an earthquake struck Metro Manila. I'm still trying to get more information. From what I know, the epicenter was around Bataan at intensity 6.2. Metro Manila experienced intensity 3-4. No damages have been reported so far. It lasted for less than a minute.

I'm checking on my friends by sending text messages. Some of them have answered back. Those who have answered say they're ok. Most of them were asleep at the time (I can only assume that the others who have not answered are still sleeping soundly).

My co-workers were at work on the 12th floor (I was at home since it was my day off), a little shaken up - both literally and figuratively speaking. Though it may have been weak, being inside a building 12 stories up would have made it seem strong). Luckily, no one was hurt.

Secondly, I'm working on the site. I've decided to make some changes to my blog as well as making some new additions. One of the most prominent is the title. It is no longer, "The Sword and the Rose". It's now called, "Rants and Raves." The former didn't seem to fit to what I wanted to write so I changed it into something that was more appropriate.

I've also decided to create a second site that will contain my fiction. I've decided to call it "The Terminal" after the movie by Steven Speilberg starring Tom Hanks. Why, you might ask? Well, like the movie, I see it as a collection of stories brought together by one man. Like a real terminal, it is only a way-point in a journey; small parts of greater whole.

Well, the sun's out. I should go to bed. Talk to you later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tobie said...

Still alive.
Slept through it.
Explains my uneasiness the whole evening though.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Aldwin Christopher said...

Good to know you're ok. :)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home