Thursday, September 16, 2004

Road Signs

I woke up this morning to a phone call. A company wanted to know if I was still interested in being interviewed for a position. I obliged and said I'd be happy to and set it up for next week. I thought, this was cool. Even if I'm already being considered for the supervisor position in PeopleSupport, I should keep my options open. See, one of the things I hate about my job is not being able to get the schedule I want, which is Saturdays and Sundays off.

Later that day, I got a call from my supervisor who tells me that my days off have been changed to Saturdays and Sundays. I don't know why but I was thankful. Of course, I know it won't last for long. Knowing how fickle business can be. I will, however, try to enjoy it as much as I can.

I should tell the other company that my schedule has been changed. Though I have no idea what would be a better day for me to go have an interview.

My mom says that this is a sign from God. This is His way of telling me that I should stay with the PS. I don't really believe in signs. Namely because the ones sent by Divine Providence are not simple like traffic signs. In fact, they are often ambigous.

Okay, suppose that the latter phone call was God's way of telling me to stay in PS. So what was the previous one? In fact, what about the email I just received from a friend regarding openings in the company he is in right now? Is God changing his mind all of a sudden?

I'd like to think they are Road Signs and not Traffic Signs. The difference is that the former tells you where the road can lead you. Whereas the latter tells you where you can go.

I prefer being able to make my own choices. But I don't mind consulting the Road Signs every now and then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aldwin Christopher said...

Thanks for dropping by with a comment.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Tobie said...

Or maybe neither are road signs.

Maybe both are merely reminders that there are always opportunities, comfort zones and lack of satisfaction.

And choosing is never an assurance of happiness.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home