Thursday, September 09, 2004

The Only Guy Going to Tagaytay

Ok, first off, this is not the final version of this post. I'm planning to add to it in the coming days. Why? Because I'm still waiting for some pictures to be sent to me by my friends who I went with to Tagaytay. How do you know when it is the final version? Easy, you'll read the article minus this entry. Got it? Good! Let's get to it.

So what happened to the trip? Well, it was a lot of fun, that I can tell you. I enjoyed myself even though (or should I say, because) I was the only guy there. LOL I felt out of place sometimes but, as always, I was treated like one of the girls.

I got off work at 1am. I decided that it would probably be best to stay at work and get a few hours of sleep instead of going home and then coming back to work a few hours later. Unfortuneately, I could sleep a wink last night. I think I was too excited about the trip. I decided to walk it off - that is, do some floorwalking to help reps if they have any questions about what they should do. I also thought it would be a good idea to get a feel of what I'll be doing in the future.

Time passed by pretty quickly and I didn't feel sleepy at all. I decied to take a bath before we left. It's a good thing our company has showers, even though it's located in the bulilding next door. I went to McDonalds for breakfast, ordering the Big Breakfast Meal of eggs and sausage plus a cup of garlic fried rice. Nothing like garlic to give you bad breath int he morning. Hehehe!

Like all leisure trips, this one didn't leave on time. LOL We were supposed to depart by 7:30am but we were delayed because of one thing for another. I guess when you're going out to have some fun, you should be able to dictate your own time instead of following a schedule.
We all piled into Girlie's Mistubishi Adventure and drove off at around 8:45am. While on the hi-way, the girls started talking about this and that. I kept quiet because I couldn't identify with what they were discussing (i.e. F4).
For some reason, I felt I shouldn't be listening to what they were talking about. It seemed like I was intruding on a girls-only confrence. Sorry, guys, but I wasn't able to get any information that might help us understand women more. LOL
We met up with Lizette in Laguna along the way. Since she brought her own car, we decided I should ride with her so she wouldn't be lonely. Our first stop was Our Lady of Manaog Shrine. It was a small chapel dedicated to the Virgin Mary. While the girls lighted candles, I was taking pictures. Unfortunately, my camera stopped working. It was taking pictures but it wasn't saving the information.
My first thought that there was not enough space. It seemed the camera's default setting had it somewhere in 2 megapixel range. I wanted to delete some pictures but I couldn't do that either. Not wanting to format the memory card, I decided to just use my camera phone the rest of the trip.
(More to come...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home