Sunday, September 05, 2004

Sunday blathering

It's a Sunday afternoon and I am at the office right now. My throat is itchy and I feel sleepy. Must be the cold medicine I've been taking. Anyway, I hope you're having a better weekend than I am. *mumbles incoherently* Enjoy it. You're going back to work tomorrow. Hahaha!

Anyway, I was looking through the classifieds this morning and I saw some jobs that are worth sending out my resume. Even though my team manager is eyeing me for a promotion to supervisor, I'm still in search of greener (i.e. normal days and times) pastures. I wonder though why most of them do not have an email address to send your resume. I think that's kind of weird considering the times we live in.

I wanted to check out the opening for a librarian at a private school. Unfortunately, I don't think I have what it takes since a) I don't have a license and b) I've forgotten most of my lessons in librarianship. Most people take for granted the work librarians do. I mean, how hard can it be to be mean and grumpy and arrange books? Before I took this course, I would have said the same thing. But like any social science or educational course, it can be applied to almost any other line of work.

I'm wondering if I should take the offer to go on overtime to mentor some new agents. They are adding a bonus and some other perks to go along with the regular salary. But if there's one thing I've always kept, it's that my days off are off limits. It's bad enough we don't have holidays and 20 paid time off in a year, now they want me to sacrifice the only time I have to myself. Sure, the pay is great but money really isn't what I'm after. If it were, I wouldn't be staying here because I know there's a lot of higher paying jobs that do similar type of work. No, I don't think I'll be doing overtime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home