Saturday, December 25, 2004

And So This is Christmas...

Christmas has finally arrived! The long wait is over. No present remains unopenned - except the ones I was supposed to give to the other people. I've eaten my fill of food which means I'll be greeting the New Year a few pounds heavier. *sigh* But overall, I think this Christmas was fairly good.

So, let's see, I've got new shoes from my mom, a calendar from my supervisor, some knicknacks, gift certificates and candies from various officemates and friends, a shirt from my cousin, money from my grandmother and nothing for myself...hmmm, I knew I forgot someone. Ah, well, I can always buy myself a gift at anytime.

As for what I've given away, there's a fruit cake for my aunt and uncle, money for another grandmother, DVDs for my supervisor, headbands, bags and wallets for my officemates (who almost all exclusively girls), candies and food for my friends, DVD of Lovers in Paris for my mom and money for my brother so he can buy a portable CB radio.

Starting Dec. 27, I'll be on leave until Jan. 2. I don't know what I'll be doing but I hope to spend time with my friends and buy some stuff for the other people I may have missed. The best time to go shopping for me has always been after Christmas. People are no longer rushing to buy presents and the prices are significantly cheaper.

I feel somewhat...disappointed. All through the advent season I was expecting something...magical to happen. Now that Christmas has come and gone, I wonder what it is I really expected to happen. The fact that I am alive and the people I care about are too should be enough, right?

Some people can't say the same after what happened with the earthquake and tsunami hitting various coastal areas of Southeast Asia. Or the death of people that seemed needless and wasteful. I have to wonder why this happened of all days. I don't want to say it's God's will because, quite frankly, I don't presume to know God's will. But the irony of it is that people are working together because of this tragedy.

Maybe there is a reason to it all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home