Saturday, November 20, 2004

Openning Doors for a Friend

Freedom. It's a strange feeling, really. I don't think I've ever really felt this way before. Most people take it for granted. Heck, most people don't even know it exists; they don't know how free they are. They have no idea what opportunities lie before them. I feel so stupid that I wasn't able to know this before. But now I do it and feels...great!

I feel so free that I can do anything I wanted if just put my mind to it. This feeling didn't come from nowhere, though. It could be the Holiday Season or the end of the year is fast approaching. Maybe I'm just going insane. Who knows?! I do know that it's been building up to a head. A lot has happened recently which would explain the sudden need to see what's out there for me.

Just recently, I had the opportunity to do something I enjoy and something that would help out a friend. Roberto (aka Bit) is my best friend from high school. He and I share a lot of qualities. But what I enjoy about our friendship is how we compliment each other. I am a writer; Bit is an artist. During high school, we made our own comics based on the trend of super heroes such as the X-Men and WildCATs.

But what really caught people's eye was his stunning art work. Even I was blown away by the pencils he rendered of our characters. It was as if a a professional had done it. So i sent his outwork out to the major publishers here and in the US. But for some reason, they never replied or the package was sent back. And so, he never got the recognition he deserved.

Fast forward a several years later. Bit and I lost touch for a while during college and work. I've checked up on him now and then but it was rare, at best. But recently, I've found more time to devote to my friends. So I thought of looking him up just as a "project" landed in my lap. It's not really a job, it's more of a hobby. And I automatically thought of my bud when the question or art came up. I thought that it would be a good opportunitu for us to reconnect as well as exhibit his talents.

We can't say much for now. Not that it's hush-hush but more of "I don't want to jinx it". Hopefully, I can give an update here and there. Check back every now then, ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home