Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Working Too Hard

Here I am again, writing another rant about work. I usually do this once a month to get things off my chest. Customer service has got to be the hardest job in the world. No wonder we get the higher paychecks!

It's official, I have been working too hard. Either that or I've been pushing myself too much. Even my co-supervisors are agreeing with one another. I don't know if I'm really working too hard or just taking on too much responsibility. The former means that I don't settle for anything less than perfection. The latter suggests I don't settle with just doing what I should be doing.

For example, I got suckered in to leading a project at work. I can't get into details but let's just say it wasn't something I needed to do. But I ended up doing it to help out. I'd like to think it was I was one of the best choices for the job...Iw ouldn't be so arrogant as to claim that I was the only one who could do it.

Anyway, I did it and it's done and everyone is happy...except me. I ended up being sick. I wasn't feeling well when I woke up yesterday and work seems to have made it worse. So I decided to take a leave for 3 days but I'll be gone for 5 because my day off is in-between. I just know I'm going to regret coming back to work on Monday.

That's one of the things you can't do when you're part of management; you can't take off just like that and expect everything to be fine and dandy when you report for work. LEaving for 5 days means I've got a shit load of stuff to do to catch up. *sigh* Even a vacation isn't a vacation if your worried about comign back to reality.

1 Comments:

Blogger Empress Kaiserin said...

i felt the same way when i used to be employed by a company not mine. too much responsibilites, over worked , and i didn't feel any better after accomplishing a project/deal. then i decided to quit. i never regretted it. but ---that doesn't work for everybody, i won't encourage you to do same ;). i suggest that whenever you take a vacation, relax more so when you report back to work, you'll be much energized even if your work load has doubled (or tripled).

enjoy working... and smile. :)

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home