Sunday, January 11, 2009

Before there was an "us"

I'm feeling better now.

I can think about you without feeling a cold emptiness in my heart. I can even smile when I remember those moments you made me laugh or those times when the world was just you and I. I don't feel bitter at all. Why should I? The wonderful thing about happy memories is that they can never be tainted by our present.

However, like all mistakes, there's just the tiniest twinge of regret because I know that I'll never have memories with you like that again. They become missed opportunities, like forgetting to bring a raincoat when you knew it was going to rain today.

But then I realized I'm not alone. A friend comes to the rescue, ready to share an umbrella. It's not big enough for the both of us to stay dry, but it's not so bad getting wet together.

So forgive me if I delete your old messages, hide away our pictures and keep to myself for a while. We can still be friends but I think I should keep my distance. There's just not enough room in my life for you right now. And I don't want to stay where I'm not welcome.

In time, things will go back the way they used to be...

Before there was an "us".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home