Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Politics Make Me Laugh

One high ranking official says that there is no rice shortage but at the same time asks restuarants to offer half-cup servings to lessen the waste. I don't know the exact term for it but oxymoron seems to be the closest I can find.

Unfortunately, that's what we can expect from politicians and people in charge. We say one thing but mean the opposite.

The economy is improving but people are still poor.

We are a rich country pretending to be poor.

We value our employees but we can't pay them better wages.

But then, where would I find my daily fix of stupidity? Not that I'm saying I'm immune. I've had my fair share of incompetence. It's just that it doesn't affect the lives of more than my immediate vicinity. Besides, now that I'm on my 4th month of unemployment, I just can't get it from the workplace anymore.

Not that I don't manage to hear just how worse things off are, I do. Some of my old officemates keep in touch and tell me how bad things are. Actually, they pretty much just vent. I'm more than happy to oblige though. I know how important it is for people to get things off their chest. They seem to find it easier to do so in my presence. Go figure.

In parting - mainly because I don't know how to end this entry - let me leave you with another oxymoron.

It's too bad they can't just keep their mouth shut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home