Thursday, April 02, 2009

Season of Turns

It's been a while since I've written here. I usually write on impulse because I find that words flow more easily when I do. When something hits me, I can't let it go until I've given people my two cents. Not that I care about who reads it but I have to put it out there.

There's been a lot of things going on since my last entry. Things that have changed me; my family and friends have noticed it. I can't really point out what it was but I do have some ideas.

It all began at work. Well, most of my issues usually start at the office. Recently, a lot of changes have been going on that have made working at my current company...difficult. So difficult, in fact, I've taken steps to look for another job. I've only been with my current company for 8 months but I don't feel like I belong there.

Don't get me wrong, I like the people I work with. Well, most of them. But the recent changes make me wonder why I'm working for people who don't seem to know what they are doing. No, that's not precisely true. They know WHAT they are doing, they just DON'T CARE about the consequences of their actions. Mainly, who gets the pick up the pieces.

But the fact is, no matter how hospitable they are, I so out of place. The culture is different from what I had experienced in my previous line of work; I feel that I am at a disadvantage there. Professionally, I don't think they like me very much. I don't want to talk about the specifics because I feel that it is...unethical for me to do so. But I think you get the idea.

The other thing that happened was looking at my paycheck and finding it...insufficient for my needs. The truth is, I took a significant pay-cut when I took my job. I thought that I would be earning the same amount as before after I got regularized but it turns out I didn't even get more than a thousand pesos.

I've been penny-pinching a lot. I've skipped lunch most of the time and have forgone eating out with my friends. I've started budgeting my money - which is a good thing - but it just shows how low my salary is for the work that I do and the trouble it causes me.

Now, I'm resorting to other means to supplement my income. I've thought of selling some of my old stuff but there just isn't anything worth putting on sale. Unlike my brother who likes to buy gadgets that can be sold again, I don't have anything like that. I have books and comics but that's about it. I've checked eBay and found that they don't really sell for anything.

So I've applied online for a job as a writer. I don't know what that's going to get me but I do hope it's something I can do and earn some money on. It would be nice for it to tide me over, especially if I decide to quit my current job.

I've also started betting on the lottery. I thought to myself, if some stranger can win it big, why not me? I pretty much know what I'll spend that money on: my family, my friends and myself.

I've also gotten obsessed with getting a new PC. It's part of the reason why I've started looking to get more money. I think I've pretty much started bothering people with questions about FSB, G-stepping and DDR3. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't hit yourself over the head. I didn't know what those things meant a month ago.

Well, there you have it. My first three months of 2009. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home