Thursday, November 11, 2004

Time to Call it Quits

They say that falling in love is a matter of chance; being in love is a matter of effort; falling out of love is a matter of choice.
I took a chance.
I made the effort.
And now, I've made my choice...



I've always told you how beautiful you are. But it's sad that I can't describe you any other way.

Not considerate.

Not thoughtful.

Not affectionate.

It isn't because you're none of those things. I know you are to other people. But I've never felt those same things from you.



I came across an album of photos I had taken of you. You were smiling in most of them; your happiness captured in a snapshot. A few of them had you giving me weird or funny look. I didn't delete them because they were still precious to me even though they weren't "perfect".

As I looked at all of them, a strange kind of emotion washed over me. I'd never felt it before seeing the pictures one after another. But seeing them all at the same time...

We shared some good times. I wouldn't trade my souvenirs of them for anything in the world.



Time has a funny way repeating itself. The circumstances maybe different but this has happened before. I'm sure you remember. And if frequency is any indication, it will happen again and again.

I don't want it to happen again; I want to move on. It feels like we're stuck in an amusement park ride going up and down but not really going anywhere. It was fun the first few times around but it's really getting old. I want to get off.

And yet I'm afraid to leave you behind...


You sent me an SMS the other day. I didn't know what to make of it. I assumed that you had been reading this which would have prompted the text message. After all, you're not the type to send a text message out of the blue. But you said you hadn't visited this site in a long time so I wonder how you managed to get to the heart of what I was feeling.

I shouldn't be surprised though. We've always had a connection that existed even before we were close. You could tell what I was thinking and I knew what you were feeling. People might scoff at it but there are still somethings in this world that can't be explained. Not the least of which is love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home