Thursday, September 29, 2005

Cutting Ties

An old friend has decided to cut ties with me. I should be sad about the turn of events, but I'm not. Partly because our friendship has lessened to such a degree that we hardly talk anymore. I admit that this has been mostly my fault. Work has kept me busy; I'm unable to find time to write a email, even though I sit in front of a computer at work for most of the day.

I don't have that many friends. I've lost a few over the years, mainly because we've grown apart - literally and figuratively speaking. It's hard to maintain friendships with someone you seldom see in person or whose interest have become different from yours. But even then, I still have more than I've lost.

Whereas most friendships fade over time, she felt it necessary to let me know that were weren't friends anymore. That's something I could not understand. I have always felt that friendship was an easy-going relationship; I mean, how often do you hear people ask you, "So, are we friends?" in the same manner they ask if you are lovers?

To ask for commitment changes that friendship to something else entirely. So maybe it is for the best.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one was asking you for ANY kind of committment. In case you don't recall, I'm in a happy, loving committed relationship. Just wanted to let you know why you wouldn't be hearing from me anymore since we had been through a lot together. Hope posting this blog made you feel better about yourself.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And inspite of your imaturity for writing about something on a blog that really should stay between two people... I do wish you the best in all your endevours.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhm, di ko alam kung pano magrereact, seeing that the other person involved reacted.. but let me just say that, in defense of my friend, he didnt name names, and he just posted what he felt at that time... its a blog for chrissakes... a venue where he could let others know what he feels in GENERAL. and venue where his other friends could know what his thoughts are in a particular moment...

sorry nakikisawsaw lang...


pero aldwin, i feel your pain. i just lost a friend also two weeks ago, because i had to draw the line where our friendship starts and our "pseduo-relationship" ends. sayang. nakakahinayang. namimiss ko tuloy yung tao ngayon.. *sigh*

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home