Sunday, December 09, 2007

Resigned

I submitted my resignation letter just last week, effective January 6. I'm not really worried about not getting a job. There's always a position out there needing to be filled. I'm just sad that it came to this.

This was my first job. Like all firsts, it's hard to let go even when it's time to move on. There wasn't just one reason or one incident that led me to make this decision: boredome, dissatisfaction, heart-ache. When I looked at my future for another 5 years, I saw...nothing.

I didnt want to be stuck at something I felt was slowly draining the life out of me. I didn't want to end up being a miserable old coot who didn't give a damn about the other people I worked with. I didn't want to constantly fight those who I called my boss. I didn't want to be saddled with a cold emptiness everytime I saw her happy.

So I'm leaving. To find a better place. To see what I could become. To know if I was more than just what people thought I was. It'll be hard, it'll be painful and it may kill me. But no one ever gained much without risking much either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home