Monday, January 07, 2008

My First Day Jobless

Okay. I'm jobless. Now what?

I'm not too frightened at the prospect of being unemployed. I know I'm good; I have the credentials and the testimony to back it up. I decided to quit because I was burnt out and I needed a break. I don't plan to be a bum for long. In truth, I can't afford it. I still have payments to make on this laptop.

I should probably create an itinerary for what I need to do for the next few weeks. It should help me get things done. I am so O/C. Maybe MS Outlook can help me with that...



Good thing I sold my stocks. I managed to get a good price for them. I could have sold them last year around this time and gotten twice what they're worth now. But I made the mistake of waiting. Funny thing about waiting; sometimes you end up losing a lot more than what you have.

I told others to wait too but that ended up being a bad idea. The price plummeted to a third of the highest price. I don't know if they blame me for it but I feel sorry for not having told them to sell it at a time it was at an all-time high. Some people could have gotten close to 10,000 to 50,000 pesos. That was the last time I gave advice about the stock market.



I'm afraid; I think I might end up being a lazy ass instead of making good use of this time to work on a lot of things like my weight. I also wanted to work on this blog, as well as the other one for the Giovanni Chronicles. The game may be a year old and has no chance of being continued but I have to admit, it should be saved for posterity's sake.

Karl made some awesome portraits of the characters. Joan submitted some great entries for her character's journal. I forwarded the emails from my office inbox to the one at Gmail. I should probably put it all in a Word document first and design some format of displaying it; I'm O/C that way. But my need to put things in order can often be trumped by my laziness.



I finsihed watching Battlestar Galactica Season 1 to 3. It's hard to believe that this show was originally shown in the late 1970's and revived several times. But this is the first time it actually clicked and managed to get 3 seasons so far.

I like the premise of a society trying to survive, making hard decisions that question their values. In a sense, you can see how a society changes in an almost daily basis. Their values are questioned to the point where they must discard it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home