Thursday, February 14, 2008

Otanjoubi Omedetou Gozaimasu

Two years ago, I received this email from my friend Sam. Since then, it has been my tradition to read it on my birthday as a sort of mantra that anything is possible. Thank you, Sam!


Dearest Aldwin,

Hurrah! You are now officially old……er………than me………still. Hahahahaha!

The years that have passed have been great. That’s because I have you as one of my very good friends. I thank the powers that be for giving you another year in this earth. Hehehe. Aldwin, this is your day! Happy birthday! :)

By the way, sometimes, magic does not just happen; it has to be made or allowed to happen. You often tell me that you’re hoping something magical will happen to you on your special day. Most of us do and that’s a wonderful thing to hope for. However, instead of waiting for magic to happen today why don’t you make it happen? Make magic, Aldwin.

Consider this day your free pass/ticket (valid until the 15th only hehe) to test fate without it reeling back in retaliation. Who knows? Maybe it’s waiting for you to pull the lever or push the button. :) And while you’re at it why not be a bit selfish as well? Hehe, there’s nothing wrong with that. Now, I’m not suggesting you go around and be egotistical… too much selfishness is conceit after all, and that’s bad, very bad…not even your birthday will save you. Hahahaha.

Happy Birthday Aldwin! With all the sincerity I can muster (and send through cyberspace :) ) I wish you a very magical day!!! *dances like a fairy princess to summon luck*


Sam …. NOT MILBY…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home