Monday, May 31, 2010

A Year Later...

It's been a year and things have changed since my last blog entry.

My project has been realized. I am now a proud owner of a computer. Using the money I got from the stocks of my former company, I assembled a computer based on my own specifications. It's a thing of beauty, really. I call it "Midnight Son" because I stayed awake for a full 24 hours when I brought it home. I imagine that is what it would be like bringing my first-born home.

It has pretty much the latest in specs at the time it was built which was February of this year. I bought it as a birthday present, you see. Anyway, I'll give you the specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 750
MB: ASUS P7P55D
GPU: Inno3D GTX 260 OC 216SP

Everything else is pretty generic. But all together, it's special because it's mine and it runs everything buttery smooth. It doesn't take me long to boot up and I can put the resolution up to max without missing a beat. I made a good choice though some would say it was overkill.

I've also found a new job. I started last December. It pays well - after all - I don't mind staying a little longer to finish what needs to be done. The people are more like me though I don't like the fact it's growing too quick. But then, that's what happens to all successful companies.

Still not a millionaire but I'm working on that. I think my family and friends would be pretty happy if I do. Hahaha! More than me, I think. Money, after all, is a means to an end. And the value of it is in the spending. I don't have that many wants so I'll probably end up spending it for other people. I do like to see those close to me happy.

So that's it for now. I think I'll be adding a few more articles here nowadays. I need a form of release. It gets easier once I manage to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home