Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ramblings on Riding the Bus and Others

One of the worst things I have had to endure while riding the bus has been the Filipino movies they show on it. I'm pretty sure that it's illegal for them play the movie as it says so in the openning screen. Anyway, what really gets to me is the feeling of being VIOLATED by the quality of the movies they show.

For example, the particular movie I was forced to watched chronicles the story of a man who is abused by a group of thugs who happen to be police officers and his subsequent road to vengence. To make a long story short - because my brain could not contain all the things that was wrong with that film - it was terrible. I felt so VIOLATED intellectually that I wanted the victims to suffer for their STUPIDITY. I was actually laughing at the drama and action scenes. I think the person sitting next to me thought I was insane.


Speaking of aircon buses, I read in the news that bus operators were demanding an increase in fare of almost 90%. I wouldn't mind it so much if their air-conditioning was actually working properly. If these bus operators want to dictate the fare, I suggest we enact a law that sanctions buses that have air-conditioning that are not able to maitain a certain temprature. That's fair, right?


I was reading a newspaper while waiting for my interviewer and I could not help but feel sickened at the politics in the country. According to Inquirer, Jan 30 issue, we have 2 candidates gfor the most corrupt leaders in the world - Marcos and Erap. We are number 47 in the most corrupt countries of the world which might not be so bad if you don't take into account that there's approximately more than 200 countries in the world.

This is so depressing.


I've been sneezing every morning. I don't think it's a cold. It might be an allergy. But what could I be allergic to? Hmmmm, could it be the dogs? It would have been weird if it work stress or work. But I've been jobless for almost a month now so that can't be it. It all started when our house was renovated so the doctor said it was probably all the dust. But if so, then it would be weird since it's been two years since that time. I should probably see an allergologist soon. The medicine is pretty expensive, it costs about P25 a pill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home