Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Warlords

I just finished watching the movie called Warlords starring Jet Li, Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro. The operative word there is "watched" because though the DVD copy was crystal clear, I couldn't understand a word being said. The subtitles seemed to have been done by a 5 year old then run through spell check. LOL

Anyway, that didn't stop me from enjoying the film. The visuals (and some of the subtitles) were enough to tell me the story of brotherhood and betrayal. There's a lot of drama mixed in with the fight scenes. I've never seen so many grown men cry. But it all fits nicely into the story.

Like Hero, the story is a tragedy of how ambition can turn the closest of allies into enemies. I only wish our (Filipino) movies could be like this. But then, what I noticed about most Filipino movies is how they focus on the person and not an idea or a cause. Sort of like our politics. But I digress; that's a debate for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home